INDIAN COUNTRY PROGRAMS
The Indian Country Programs at the Montana Department of Commerce offers a variety of technical assistance and grant programs targeted towards economic development for projects that strengthen the economy and languages of tribal nations in Montana through the development and enhancement of business opportunities and tribal languages on reservations, in tribal communities, and for Native American businesses.
Scroll down to find the application link for each grant category and click 'Submit' to start the application process. To begin an application, first time users of the Submittable™ platform will be prompted to create a required profile for application submission. For additional information on each announcement, click on the 'More' down arrow button next to each announcement.
Current Funding Opportunities:
- Montana Indian Language Program application period August 3-14, 2017
- Indian Equity Fund application period July 1 to September 29, 2017
- Tribal Business Planning Grant application period July 1 to September 29, 2017
To begin an application, scroll to the bottom and click on the 'Submit' button. 1st time users of the Submittable™ platform will be prompted to create a required profile for application submission.
PURPOSE: To support efforts of the tribes in Montana to preserve Indian languages.
ELIGLBLE APPLICANTS: The federally recognized tribes in Montana and the state-recognized Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians in Montana.
INFORMATION TO GATHER AND UPLOAD WITH THE APPLICATION:
- Tribal Resolution (applications are considered incomplete without this information)
- Key Personnel Resume(s) (high level, one page at most)
Note: Any files for upload must be closed prior to uploading.
FORMS TO COMPLETE AND UPLOAD FOR APPLICATION: Download complete, save to a local drive, and upload with application.
- Appendix B. Designation of Depository Form PDF Word
- Appendix C. Signature Certification Form PDF Word
- Appendix D. Request for Funds Form PDF Word
- Appendix E. Sub Recipient Agreement Word
- Appendix F. Project Timeline Excel
- Appendix G. Budget Narrative PDF Word
- For additional information, download the MILP Guidelines
These forms are in addition to documents of the previous section will need to be uploaded with the application. Note: Any files for upload must be closed prior to uploading.
APPLICATION ASSISTANCE: Contact staff at 406.841.2775 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
ELIGIBLE USE OF GRANT FUNDS (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
Eligible uses of funds include:
Development of audio and visual recordings,
Creation of reference materials which may be in audio, visual, electronic and written format,
Creation and publication of curricula, which may include electronic curricula,
Language immersion camps,
Publication of literature, and
Language programs, workshops, seminars, camps and other presentations in formal or informal settings.
Specific Indian language preservation activities must include:
Development of audio and visual recordings, and/or
Creation of reference materials which may be in audio, visual, electronic, or written format, and/or
Creation and publication of curricula, which may include electronic curricula.
Furthermore, specific activities may include:
Language immersion camps,
Publication of literature,
Language programs, workshops, seminars, camps and other presentations in formal or informal settings
REVIEW CRITERIA FOR APPLICATIONS:
- APPLICATION QUALITY- Is the application complete, clear and logical, proofread for spelling, and/or mathematical errors?
- APPLICANT EXPERIENCE- Does the applicant have experience in the program that is proposed in the application? Has the applicant received a previous Montana Indian Language program grant?
- USE OF FUNDS- for what will the funds be utilized?
ONCE YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED:
RECEIPT OF APPLICATION- Once submitted each application is assessed by the Program. Applications that are incomplete or lack clarity can be opened for editing to the applicant if submitted with enough lead time prior to the deadline. For feedback, submission prior to the deadline is encouraged.
Program information can be obtained at: http://marketmt.com/MILP